One night, a neighbours son walked out onto the street and screamed out in rage after his video game ended sooner than hoped.
We also heard a cracking noise and thinking he probably just threw something at the big tree out front, we didn't go out to investigate.
In the morning we found the newspaper cylinder broken off the side of our letterbox. A little shocked we considered perhaps speaking to his mum.
Realising I felt conflicted at this thought, I took a deep breath, centred in my heart and asked myself what it was that I really wanted to say, and these words came forth;
"We know your son is awesome and I also know that last night he forgot how awesome he was when he broke our letter box. Please just let him know that we don't use that part of the letterbox anyway so it's all perfectly fine, we understand and we still think he's awesome."
In the end we decided to say nothing as nothing needed replacing.
Here are some things I've come to know about the healing power of Love.
- Life will always present opportunities to choose either fear or love.
- Our left-brain 'projects' into the future based on past experience. Our right-brain is pure 'presence', it unifies, extending and creating love.
- What we give to others, we are teaching to others.
- What we give to another, we also give to our Self... you can actually feel it.... it's because we are one.
- Our true Self is our present heart-mind connection and is here to serve the greater higher purpose of all ...this is our one purpose.
- Without access to true vision our left-brain is only in service to its separate self and it fears union.
- Our true Self is Love and it is one with the Universe/Source/God/Divinity/Life-force/The Tao/Great Spirit etc..
Choosing the greater vision of universal love doesn't mean that we gloss over or avoid addressing a situation.
It means that we are aware and able to practice looking through fear and separation to the presence of Love in all ....raising each other up.
A miracle happens every time we choose Love whether the words are spoken or not... stay with the vision and the heart.... all is energy... all is one... Love.